Paul J. Ford and Company has been providing structural engineering services in the electrical utility industry since 1996. We have the capability to review individual structures for the co-location of PCS equipment or for a change in transmission service conditions on the structure. The need to review an entire family of structures on a transmission line for re-tensioning or re-conductoring a circuit can be provided by us. Our review of transmission structures not only looks at the global effects of the loading conditions of the structure but it also includes the local effects, such as bending and torsion, on the members of structure when applicable.
Some of the services we provide to the electrical utility industry:
• Analyze existing and new structures for the mounting of antenna equipment on transmission structures.
• Analyze existing and new structures for conductor and/or service condition changes.
• Perform structural studies for checking the adequacy of deformed or deteriorated members on a structure.
• Design new structures for transmission line service conditions.
• Design modification for overloaded existing structures or for revising the existing structure to meet the new service conditions.
• Perform tension calculations of conductors on a circuit for transmission line studies.
• Prepare, organize, and perform a complete structural review of an entire transmission line for retensioning or reconductoring projects.
• Provide detail drawings for fabrication of new structures or for modification of existing structures.
• Perform construction and field inspection of structures, and field measurement of structures which have no drawings or records.
Some of the computer programs used by Paul J. Ford and Company for the service of our clients include AutoCad, RISA, PLS-CADD, Sag-10, and other various in-house developed programs. A list of client references and companies we have performed services for is available upon by contacting us.